iTunes won't burn... sometimes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chameeeleon, Aug 26, 2004.

1. chameeeleon macrumors 6502

Jan 11, 2004
    While attempting to burn a music CD in iTunes on her 15" Powerbook (new, combo-drive model), my friend has regularly (about 3 times so far) encountered a pop-up window about a quarter of the way through the burning session saying that it has "overridden its buffer". Neither of us have any idea what this message meansUsually afterwards, she just ejects that CD and tries a new CD and it works fine, which is what I was wondering - is this a problem with the CDs (they're Verbatim brand, not Apple), is it something in iTunes, or is it something with the burner (she's only burned one CD out of the Finder, but it hasn't caused any problems)? Would a repair permissions help? Or is it just something to live with?

Thanks for any help!
  2. bluebull macrumors member

Jul 7, 2003
    Go to iTunes>Preferences>Burning, and set your preferred speed to something a bit lower. I think by default it's set at Maximum Possible. I don't know if this will work but it's worth a shot.
  3. caveman_uk Guest

Feb 17, 2003
    Hitchin, Herts, UK
    Are you trying to do other things at the same time? Say access the harddrive to start porgrams/open files? Maybe it's because the computer can't access the burner because the IDE bus is busy?