Itunes wont let me add music

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ieani, Jul 14, 2006.

1. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

im trying to add a folder and it simply will not add it. it doesnt give an error response or anything. i drag it over and it appears to go in but nothing happens. i even tried importing and choosing "add to library" but nothing has worked. my hdd has plenty of space as well. are there limits set on the itunes folder? would this be a bug? a restart of itunes did nothing but i havent tried restarting yet because im in the middle of some big uploads. any help/ideas would be appreciated. thanks!

2. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

3. ieani thread starter macrumors 6502a

ieani

4. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    what happens if you highlight all the MP3's and double click them, or right click open with iTunes? Nothing?

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sometimes I find MP3s won't add because they're already in my library. However, your problem may be different. Can you play them in QuickTime? :)

6. ieani thread starter macrumors 6502a

ieani

they wont open in itunes or quicktime but they will open in realplayer. i tried highlighting them as well and that didnt work either

7. ieani thread starter macrumors 6502a

ieani

something happened to the files. i couldnt even convert them with toast so i deleted them. anyothers work fine.

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sorry, but I'm not sure it'll be possible to get them into iTunes. Did you purchase them from an online store? If you could burn them to an audio disc somehow, you could reimport them into iTunes relatively easily. :)

9. banjomamo macrumors regular

Are you in the main library when you are adding the songs? You can't drag and drop or add files when you have a smart playlist selected.

10. kmstpt macrumors newbie

Having same issue with itunes not adding any new music

Hello,
    yes I am having the same issue. the new music I have downloaded on to my desktop will play in Quicktime but will not add to itunes. It just does nothing, if I try to import the mp3s itunes basically just ignores it. Does anyone have a solution for me to get these new mp3's into Itunes? Thanks for your help.