Itunes wont let me drag songs onto my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jableskg, Jul 20, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Just got my new iPhone..

I can't drop and drag songs from my music library onto my iPhone for some reason.. Is there a way for iTunes to re-authorize my iPhone to be the default phone??

I think this problem is happening because my friend used my computer last month with his iPhone, and transferred some music from my library. Could that be the case and if so what are my options?

2. macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. macrumors 6502

you need to sync playlists or your entire library...You cant drag and drop a la iPod

4. thread starter macrumors regular

5. macrumors member

I can drag my music to the phone just like my iPods. Just check the "Manually manage music and videos" box under the "Summary" tab for your phone in iTunes first.

6. macrumors newbie

Nope. I drag my music into my iPhone "a la iPod." All you have to do is select the "manually manage music and video" box on the Summary Tab in iTunes. It ain't rocket surgery.

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Cool now its working!

Thanks!

8. macrumors newbie

I have the manual manage music box checked and have previously draged and dropped music to my iphone but for some reason it not longer work. Any ideas?