itunes wont let me put music on my iphone..?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by spauldizzle, May 14, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

I need help. A couple of weeks ago my computer crashed so all my music was lost. well I got a couple of songs back and I went to put it on my iphone. I highlighted it and drug it over but when I put it over my phones name a black circle with a line through it shows up and wont allow the music to transfer over. Does anyone one know how to fix this? I asked a tech at the apple store and he told me to restore my settings. If I do that I lose everything so that will be my last effort. I need help.

2. macrumors regular

You have to sync music to the iphone using playlists. You can't drag and drop like you can with ipods.

3. macrumors regular

Fuzzbear

you can now if you make sure the "let me manually manage music" checkbox is checked on the status page

4. macrumors regular

hey,

looking for this setting but i cant seem to find it !

sorry to be a dunce but can you please be more specific where it is located ?

5. macrumors regular

Fuzzbear

Attached a screen cap with the option checked and highlighted
    iphone capture.jpg

6. macrumors regular

Damn, I totally missed that. I absolutely hate having to sync my music through playlists. I'd rather drag and drop what I want. Looks like I've got something to do when I get home this afternoon.