iTunes won't play - anything!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by GeeYouEye, May 3, 2003.

1. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

The title sums it up pretty well. It won't play radio, shared streams, ITMS music (or the previews in the store), or even anything in my library, be it AAC or MP3.

I was listening to somebody's shared music (SeverStore ROCKS!), when a song started rebuffering pretty constantly. Eventually I hit stop (in the rebuffering dialog), and since then, nothing will play, even after I restarted iTunes. The thing that shows how far the song is doesn't move, although I can drag it. Still nothing plays, and yes, the volume is up.

Running iTunes 4 on iBook 800MHz, 640MB RAM.

2. GeeYouEye thread starter macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

Okay, it appears the problem has spread to the rest of the computer. I hear a little clicking (sounds a lot like a little static), then nothing every time there's supposed to be a sound. This even for alert sounds and changing the volume. I'm going to try restarting the computer.

Edit: that worked. Anyone know why it happened?

3. unc32 macrumors regular

check you permissions. Sometimes weird things happen that a reboot will fix. I guess something gets corrupted and fixed when restarted.

4. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

Umm...actually, yeah the restarting always works. It happens to me sometimes. I've got soundsticks w/ isub. It only happened to me after my bro was using it so it was probably the games he was doing. Anyhow, a restart always works...

5. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Yeah, i have the same stup and that sometimes happens to me (though not recently coming to think of it) what version of mac os x are you using?