iTunes won't recognize purchased itunes songs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 2A Batterie, Jul 30, 2004.

1. 2A Batterie macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

I recently purchased an album from the iTunes store and burned it to a disc. I'm trying to transfer it to my main computer. While it recognizes the disc itself and the audio (the most important stuff) it doesn't recognize the artist and song titles, etc. I burned this disc exactly as it was downloaded, so why won't iTunes recognize the tack and artist info?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Did you burn a data disc or an audio CD? If it's data I have no idea. If it's an Audio CD and you are trying to re-import it's probably because 1 or more tracks is slightly longer or shorter than the "real" CD version.

3. mcarvin macrumors regular

I've also found that iTunes-created CDs won't be recognized if the playlist that the CD was created from has been deleted. Found that out 2 days ago as I took all my mix CDs from the car and went to create CD labels for them. Out of 6 discs, 4 were recognized and those 4 still had their original playlists in my library.

4. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

Actually, iTunes has recognized CDs for me after the original playlist has been deleted.

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

That's only because they had data in CDDB. If a song you have burned does not have a CDDB entry or is different from the CDDB entry, it won't be found.