iTunes Won't Stay Closed - Annoying

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Scotsworth, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Scotsworth macrumors newbie

Hey, sorry if this has been asked, but I searched the forum and couldn't find anything. I am using an iMac G5, running OS X 10.4.7. I'd say ever since a few OS X updates ago iTunes randomly opens. I will have it open, be playing a song or something...and then I will quit. It will then close, and then re-open, without me doing anything. I then just make it force quit...and I generally have to do it several times before it finally stays closed. Not exactly the worst thing, but it sure is annoying to close iTunes like 5 times before it stays closed. Anyone else have this problem? Is there anything I can do about it? I've tried searching all over the net, but have turned up nothing.

Sometimes it's worse, sometimes it's better (meaning sometimes I won't have any issues with it, and other times it will just keep opening itself).

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Do you have the itunes widget open in dashboard? If so, try closing it.

3. Scotsworth thread starter macrumors newbie

Actually, I had 3 iTunes widgets open at all times. Just closed them and opened iTunes then closed it...and it's staying closed. Can't believe I never thought of that. I guess I didn't think widgets could make iTunes open itself. Thanks!

4. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Something else you can try is quiting iTunes via the dock icon instead of the menubar.