Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
iTunes won't stay closed. Every time I close it, it will reopen/pop up a few minutes later on its own. I've done a search on this and it seems that this is connected to the iTunes Widget, but I've gotten rid of that and it's still doing it. Any suggestions?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Really the only thing that can cause this is another application that is trying to communicate with iTunes. The iTunes widget is the most common one because it comes already installed on the Mac. But there are a number of applications that can do this...there are lots of third-party iTunes-related apps. Do you have any of these installed? If you do, try deactivating it/them to find the culprit.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
mariahlullaby said:
iTunes won't stay closed. Every time I close it, it will reopen/pop up a few minutes later on its own. I've done a search on this and it seems that this is connected to the iTunes Widget, but I've gotten rid of that and it's still doing it. Any suggestions?

is your ipod pluged in?

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
iPod is not plugged in, I don't have Front Row, or any third party apps. Weird huh? I've tried disabling anything that might communicate with it, but it will still pop up.

iTwitch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
East of the Mississippi
It happens to me once in a while and I don't have an iPod or any third party stuff either. Last time it happened I quit iTunes via the dock and it didn't come back.

Edit: I do have iTunes controls on the menubar, is there a difference in quitting an app by the dock icon rather than the menubar?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.