iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by peterj1967, Sep 10, 2002.

1. peterj1967 macrumors regular

So no new iTunes at the expo... Any updates or specs on the rumored iTunes to be released soon?

--PJ

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

IMHO iTunes 3 is VERY good, and a recent release, I'd hope Apple put there time and budget into developing other, older iApps and hardware b4 looking at iTunes 4.

3. peterj1967 thread starter macrumors regular

I agree

I agree iTunes is VERY good and that there are older Apps in need, but with QT6 complete and the improved sound quality of AAC it seems like there would be a quality improvement without to much effort. I obviously could be lacking technical details.

--PJ

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

yeah, i don't expect itunes 4 or anything

just want a .0.1 type upgrade with aac in it....

hopefully soon....

5. loveshismac macrumors member

Did anybody else see the rendezvous enabled itunes that put Paul's playlist on Steves itunes during the keynote in NYC?

I have itunes 3 and 10.2 but, my itunes wont do that!
    When is this going to happen?
    I want to be able to hook my powerbook up to my stereo and stream my library from my tower!
    (I know i can do it now but that inviles making shares etc...)

Any word?

6. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

u know steve does whatever he feel likes, he probably forced the coders to make a slightly different version than the one thats available to download and his having rendezvous n the others dont n so that ppl will be like "wow, itunes3 is alot different than itunes2!" lol
    unless there is a way to do that, but it'dd be hard to do that, go phone up steve :p lol

7. AmbitiousLemon Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

when apple released itunes 3 they said a small update was coming soon that would include the functionality that you have just described. this is why people want that 'minor' update.

8. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

actually - during the MWNY Keynote, they say that functionality won't be there until next year. (I just watched it the other day).

However... there is suppoed to be an itunes update soon. don't know the significance.

arn