iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gunner, Jul 13, 2006.

1. gunner macrumors newbie

Couple of questions about this program:

Is there a quick way to mass delete files that aren't there anymore? Winamp had a "remove dead links" option that would do this. Those little exclamation points get on my nerves...

Is there a way to not have podcasts display in the library view? I like to have my music and podcasts separate so if I just do a random play in the library I'm not getting podcasts.

2. l3lue macrumors member

l3lue

Not sure, but I don't think so.

Yes. It's a bit tedious if you have a lot but you have to ctrl-click each individial podcast and select "Get Info". Go to the "Options" tab and then at the bottom check "skip when shuffling". This should do it for ya. (also works for videos)

3. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Actually check out the EditMenu/Show Search Bar (cmd-shift-B).

Then select music or podcasts on the Search Bar. That will quickly organize your music. It's by far the solution you are looking for.

4. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Here's a link to an Applescript that looks like it will do what you want: Doug's Applescripts for iTunes.

5. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    If there are little exclamation points in iTunes, for missing songs..

It's because you are deleting your music straight from the actual music library folder...

In the future, delete the songs you want in iTunes itself...highlight>delete. It will ask if you want to remove the song/s from your iTunes library and send them to the trash. Say "ok" and then they're gone from both your library folder, and in iTunes.

6. gunner thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, the exclamation points are actually a problem on my pc. I had organized everything manually for winamp and when I switched to iTunes I still tried to manage things as if I were using Winamp. Big mistake. The Applescript won't help with that I'm afraid. It shouldn't become a problem on the Mac though (I hope).

Thanks for all the help guys. cmd+shift+b is a great thing to know.