iTunesConnect now requires 1024x1024 images

Discussion in 'App Store Business, Legal and Marketing' started by SplitIt!, Aug 3, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2012
    I just created a new version of my App and discovered Apple is now requires 1024x1024 iTunesArtwork. The old value was 512x512 ...

Interesting ...
  2. macrumors regular

Sep 16, 2011
    You should already have a 1024x1024 artwork called iTunesArtwork@2x.png added to your app. Just upload that instead of iTunesArtwork.png.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2012
    Really? You include your iTunesArtwork in your app?

Based on:

It is optional.

I guess I though what was most interesting here, is that iTunesConnect previously required you upload a 512x512 image.

PS - Per the link above, you want to drop the ".png" suffix from the iTunesArtwork file. It seems counter intuitive I know, but there are quite a few blog post about this issue. Apple address it directly in their documentation.
  4. macrumors regular

Sep 16, 2011
  5. Moderator

Staff Member

Sep 2, 2004
    The Centennial State
    To be honest, that doc is a tad old. Xcode handles setting your app icons different now. For example, you don't need to use specific file names and edit your plist; you can just drag-and-drop your images into the Summary tab.
  6. macrumors regular

Sep 16, 2011
    This isn't a big deal for me, since I've been creating @2x artwork since day 1.

Someone was kind enough to create a Photoshop template that creates all icons with one click.

See here:

Get template 2.0, as this is the one that does Retina resolution icons.