iTV functionality... is(should) there really more to it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Aniej, Oct 20, 2006.

Should iTV capabilities be expanded

Poll closed Jan 7, 2007.
  1. Yes, doing so wouldn't be much more difficult than what Apple has already produced.

5 vote(s)
  2. Yes, but this will be more difficult than iTV, but who cares this is Apple remember!

1 vote(s)
  3. No, iTV is just fine the way it is now.

1 vote(s)
  4. No, iTV works well like this and it would be too difficult to do.

0 vote(s)
  1. Aniej macrumors 68000

Oct 17, 2006
    I have been meaning to post this since iTV was presented so as to whett our appetite a bit, but alas I am jsut getting to it now. After watching the presentation and reading up on it as much as possible, I am left wondering why is the functionality left to just Frontrow related applications such as iTunes and iDVD?

If the system has the ability to send something as large as a movie to my flat screen tv, then why would iTV not be made so as to allow for everything else? Specifically, I would love to have my MBP with my wireless keyboard beaming a website with videos on it to my tv or an email I am writing to a friend on to my tv. This sure beats the heck out of going out an buying a mac Mini and making the proverbial hybrid MacTV we all were discussing six months ago. Think about how great this would be and what a way to further help Mac get into the corporate sector where this could be used for presentations along with a MB or MPB; or better yet, in the classroom.:rolleyes:
  2. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

Sep 8, 2005
    London , UK
  3. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

Jul 8, 2006
    Seoul, South Korea