I've been ripped off by Palm

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by daneoni, Nov 27, 2006.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I pre-ordered a Treo 680 (i dont like blackberry nor WM5 devices) on friday for 329 (as i had just sold my 650) and its shipped today. However i went back to the site to check availability and the price has dropped to 299, however on my invoice it says i've been charged 329?!?. The money hasn't actually been debited from my account but im thinking if its in the invoice...they intend to take 329 right?.

Can't i call them to adjust the pricing accordingly or have i been had?.

2. powerboy macrumors regular

I would definately give them a call - especially if they haven't charged your credit card yet. Hopefully they will be understanding. Good luck.

3. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

The only thing you can do is call and find out. If not, it's only $30....

4. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

just call them. really why even post here at all? it doesn't matter what anyone here says.. they're going to make the call on whether to adjust the price or not.

at the worst, couldn't you just return the one you get to them for your $329, and then buy another at $299?

5. mr_matalino macrumors 6502a

mr_matalino

Most companies are willing to work with you on pricing of a product you just ordered and shipped (in which they just cut the price). But then again I'm not a happy customer of Palm (I own a Treo 700p) but that's mainly the crappy software they make for Mac (impossible to uninstall unless you force empty the trash using the terminal). I've never been so disgusted with a company and their software...even Microsoft! :mad: (I purchased MissingSync so it works with iCal, Address Book, etc...). Anyway, I'm done with my rant...