I've downloaded itunes movies to my mac mini...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JoeJoe, Nov 7, 2006.

1. JoeJoe macrumors member

and am able to watch them on my PB via file sharing and a wireless network.

Can I somehow copy those movies(purchased from itunes) from my mac mini to my PB for use on the road?

I tried searching for the answer, really.

2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Um, burn them onto a CD or DVD, put them onto an external storage device such as a hard drive or jump drive, or network your two macs together. It's simple...really.

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Yes locate the movie in itunes, select and apple i for get info, on the info tab it will show you the location in your mini hd. log in to the mini via the PB using connect to server and then use itunes to add to library the movie and point it to the file in the mini drive, make sure itunes is set to copy the file to the library. then try to play the movie, you must have your itunes account authorized on the PB so that it can play the movie and any music you copy over. this is not needed for sharing but it is when you copy across and want it to reside in both libraries. music can be on up to 5 machines at once, not sure on movies.

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Or put one of them in target mode and connect them via firewire cable and drag & drop.

5. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

true this will be much faster since a movie is much larger than a song and 1.5-2 gigs or so across airport will take awhile.

for target disk mode, connect the two machines via a firewire cable, reboot one and hold down the T key, a firewire logo will appear on screen the other machine will see the hd on the desktop as a mounted external drive. make sure to apple e, right click eject, or drag the drive to the trash when you are done, before pulling out the cable. hit your power button once to make it go off. hit it a second time to reboot that machine.

6. JoeJoe thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone.

As usual, thanks for all the help.

Not sure why I wasn't able to burn to a dvd, but I'll give it another shot.

The other options given are very understandable as well.

7. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I'm sure apple has done something to the movies to keep you from burning movies for sharing or distribution. don't know if you were trying to burn it to dvd as a playable movie or a dvd data disc, however I think the firewire is your best option.

8. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

You can only backup to disc, you cannot burn a DVD movie to play on your t.v :)