I've finally switched!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yvan256, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

I've finally switched today. Mac mini 1.42GHz/80GB/512MB/Combo, with iWork. I also purchased the TV adaptor just so I can take it with me on trips (semi-portable).

I plan on testing WoW on this little beast tonight. Not expecting much, but still, that should be interesting.

Can't wait to play with iLife and iWork, though. :D

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

congrats on the purchase, i want to get myself one of those mac minis but it will be awhile i guess

3. Yvan256 thread starter macrumors 601

Yvan256

If you want to buy one, just wait a bit. Since I just bought a Mac mini, Apple is sure to update it in a few weeks. ;)

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's very exciting. Have you used OSX much before? I see you've been around on these forums for a while, what made you finally switch? For me, it was the look of the iBook rather than any lack of faith in Windows. Of course, since then I've seen that I was pretty ignorant as to how an OS should actually work. ;)

5. Yvan256 thread starter macrumors 601

Yvan256

I did use OS X a few times where I used to work, but it was next to nothing.

What made me switch was mainly iTunes, it showed me what software should be. Then, watching MacWorld streams just convinced me even more. And iLife just sweetened the deal in purchasing a Mac.

I know Tiger is only a few weeks/months away, but I needed some presentation software (and there's no way I'd use PowerPoint). :D

eMac/iBook/iMac are too close/due for an update, so I went Mac mini.

Now, all I need is an external, LightScribe-capable DVD-RW drive that's not too expensive...

6. Rod Rod macrumors 68020

Rod Rod

Congratulations on your purchase! I suppose you already have a FW hard drive or two? As for LightScribe I think only LaCie makes one with Mac LS software, and it's about $200 USD.