Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cybix

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
Western Australia
I'm not gonna read that thread, tryna keep my work internet usage down *sigh*.. but can I also tell you that you have a bad attitude?

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I think they are right...a volt meter might not give you a whole lot of information, but snagging a multimeter and setting it to tell you the DC amps would give you some idea of how much oomph is left in the battery.

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
You repeated your point very well.

My MBP battery just ran out of juice, but couldn't verify without a voltmeter. So I plugged into the AC.

I am DONE on this topic.

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
Ya, man. You is the baddest bad arse in da hood, dude.

Oh, man. The admin sure was pissed at you. You're such a rebel. ;)
Did you get banned?

Not yet, but I wouldn't care if I did. That forum over there is beginning to bore the hell out of me anyway.

There are a couple of guys over there that think they should be the only ones to offer advice. I could have been wrong about the way of testing the battery, but it's their relentless persuit of forum domination that's got me all ticked off. :cool:

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Bad attitude was so 90's.

Or was that early 80's B.A. Baracus from the A-Team?

I remember being told I had an attitude at one point in elementary school ('90s). "I don't need any of your attitude right now young man!" ;)

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
I took you until elementary school until somebody said that to you?

Maybe it started when I kicked too much in the womb? Details of back then are a bit fuzzy so I can't claim to remember if they were insulting my attitude or my altitude. :confused:

For serious though, I'm sure it was commonplace when I was little, most likely in day care. My parents worked at home, so I didn't have to go to day care, but I wanted to play and have fun with other kids, so I went a few days a week (plus I bet my parents wanted some alone time). Anyway I was never a big napper. We had nap time in day care. I didn't nap. I slept at night and that was good enough for me thank you very much.

Everyone else napped. I sat on my nap pad and fidgeted and complained and tried to wake up my friends. I believe it was times such as these when I was considered to have a 'bad attitude'. :D

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California

Attachments

• Picture 17.jpg
    Picture 17.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 108

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Oooh, that kind of bad.

"When kids say "bad," They mean "good." And to shake one's booty means to wiggle one's butt. Permit me to demonstrate!"

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
FWIW, I'm not a car expert, but I'm a senior in electrical engineering, and electronics hobbyist and I say that the way you explained it, you're right. Voltage won't tell you everything about a battery, but if it's too low, than you can be sure that the battery at the very least is dead and needs to be charged. It's the simplest measurement to make, and can potentially tell you a lot.

Alex Urchin

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2006
He's right, you do have a bad attitude. You're advice also seems pretty poor. Posting on another forum about it just vindicates it.

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
It's been interesting viewing my personality through the various perceptions of the brilliant MR members here. Some of you have been soothingly kind and supportive; others seem to hate my guts. :D

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
I don't think anyone hates your guts(maybe just your kidneys) its all how you present yourself. If you are going to be a prick/bitch then I guess people will treat you like one...its all fair.

Bless

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
I'm sorry to say that I almost agree with the Administrator there.

You offered some advice and he pointed out that your advice would probably not offer much information, and was correct in his explanation. A voltmeter will not indicate improper voltage if the battery is able to supply even the weakest current since a VM has almost zero current draw.

You seemed to immediately take this as an attack on your advice in your next reply by responding with the last line of your post:

"Gee, lets all try to discount everything MACDRIVE says."

You only needed to offer the explanation that if the original poster had easy access to a voltmeter it would be an easy test that might indicate a battery problem, although the correct voltage being measured does not necessarily mean a good battery.

I don't recall ever having any problems with your attitude here in the past and you may have just been having a bad day, but you did seem to take the admin's post a little too personally.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.