1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

I've got a question concerning Diablo II...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Captain Planet, Mar 29, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

Yeah, I know, it's an old game. However, I still like it and play it. So I just wanted to know if I could install the game on a new iMac and that it would run properly. I know the requirements are more then sufficient for the game, but I heard something about it not running for some reason...I might probably be wrong but I just wanted to know for sure. Also, my disk for the game is the very first version, 1.0. But with the patches I guess it doesn't really matter.

2. macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

i have played D2 on my intel iMac.
    it has been a while so forgive me if i am wrong.
    i think the only issue was choosing video to be software rendering over openGL. openGL doesnt work well for many people so choose software rendering.

3. macrumors 68020

There's a bug which prevents OpenGL in the game from working in full-screen mode on Intel Macs. I think it works in windowed mode. Blizzard said they were going to fix that bug but I don't believe they have yet.

--Eric

4. macrumors demi-god

Zwhaler

I couldnt get Diablo II to work on my iMac. Can anyone tell me how to do it because I would like to.

5. macrumors member

i got a couple Q's

1) do you have to pay for diablo monthly

2) How many people still play diablo. It is reasonably old.

6. macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

No, you don't pay a monthly fee. You do pay for the game though, but it isn't expensive. I think the Battle Chest, which contains Diablo, Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction (the expansion) is around 30$...might be lower, not sure. Also, there's still quite a lot of people playing the game.

I just hope I can run it somehow...

7. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I have a question for you CP.....howcome you never hit on guyah(sp)...she was hot.

Also your enemies are lame and they always seem to *bleep* you up:)

Just joking around:D

Bless

8. macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet

:p

9. macrumors 6502

Corrosive vinyl

but.. captain planet, he's a hero! gonna take pollution down to zero! :D

10. macrumors 6502

Captain Pollution was so much cooler. :p

11. macrumors 6502a

Captain Planet