I've had so much fun in class...

Discussion in 'Community' started by iSaint, Jun 30, 2005.

1. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

...doing Powerpoint with my iBook. My summer grad school classes have afforded me the most of my opportunities yet. Even though it's MS Powerpoint, it still works so well.

Today in class, the resident PC Repair Businesskid had his Compaq for his PP presentation, complete with movie clips. Right in the middle of the presentation he got THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! I asked him if he wanted to borrow my iBook, but he just got flustered while we waited five minutes for his reboot. He also forgot to turn off his screensaver, which caused other problems during the presentation.

I love my iBook...it WORKS!!! :D :D :D

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That's pretty funny - but one thing to watch out for is that PowerPoint on a Mac doesn't work the same as on a PC. So even if he had used your machine, if he had some fancy animation/transitions, it probably wouldn't have worked.

D

3. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

True. For the most part though, it would have worked much more successfully! (apparently)

4. efoto macrumors 68030

Similarly I just found out that lists in Excel do not transfer across the platforms well, the kids don't play well together which causes problems when you send your boss something, then he asks why you didn't create the lists he wanted :eek:....you have to admit to using a personal computer on the corporate network....ouch :(

Funny story though, BSOD in the middle of the presentation is classic! You should have had an iSight hooked up and filming his presentation, then you could have gif-ed it and tar'd it, would have been sweet! Of course, who uses an iSight to record other people's presentations :rollryes: ;)

5. iSaint thread starter macrumors 603

iSaint

I wonder if the Compatibility Report has anything to do with compatibility? It's always running when I work in any office product, but I don't pay attention to it. As long as my prof gets my Word docs I'm ok.

6. efoto macrumors 68030

Yes yes, I know that is what it is for, I know I know, doesn't mean I like it, it should just work regardless of the programming difficulties, that is someone's job to fix :rolleyes:

When I ran the compatibility check on the document I believe it said "Lists may operate and display differently in different versions of Excel" or something like that, un-bolded of course but it didn't instantly condemn the idea of lists cross-platform, hence my hoping even though I pretty much knew it was damned from the beginning.