I've just seen Bubba Ho-Tep

Discussion in 'Community' started by vollspacken, Mar 22, 2004.

1. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

there was a thread about the trailer for Bubba Ho-Tep (link here) a couple o' months ago here on Macrumors and I've finally managed to see the flick... [​IMG]

Bruce Campell kicks @ss as Elvis!!! awesome performance!!! [​IMG]

I tell you what, that movie is HILARIOUS, I can't believe that it wasn't shown in theatres over here in Germany..!

If you haven't seen it, go get a copy or find a theatre that might play it some night...

vSpacken

2. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

That's an awesome movie. I saw it a couple months ago. Great concept; excellently executed.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

yeah, i thought it was a ton of fun. also props to ossie davis for a fine performance.

4. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

It was the best Elvis and JFK vs The Mummy movie of the year!

P-Worm

5. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

Yeah, Bruce Campbell did an awesome job as old elvis. What a great story and just all around fun movie.

6. Awimoway macrumors 65816

I'm really looking forward to seeing it when I get the chance. I assume from the website that it's only on a limited-release bigscreen schedule.

7. sonofslim macrumors 6502a

sonofslim

it's nice to see that Bruce Campbell can do his usual campy (and totally enjoyable) goofy hero thing but at the same time give his character some true human depth. when i first heard of it, i figured it would be another guts 'n grins B-movie, so i was pretty amazed when it turned out to be more about this theme of loss and longing... by way of pitting elvis against a cowboy mummy. who woulda thunk it?

8. JamesDPS macrumors regular

I agree! Awesome movie! I saw a screening of it last year and have been looking for a wider release for ages! Is it going to be out on DVD soon?

9. ffactory macrumors newbie

Amazon.com says it'll be out on 5/25... Ossie Davis as Kennedy was really great! saw it at the Brattle in Harvard Square months before it came out in Boston - saw my first Evil Dead there too! gimme some shoogah!