Ive seen the light... And boy is it BRIGHT !!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Gimpymoo, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Gimpymoo macrumors newbie

Well, im nearly 28 years old and after more than 15 years, I have finally seen the light.

My gaming days are behind me and I now need a personal computer which will help me to organise my life, not hinder it. I also now appreciate the finer things in life :)

Im going to sell my PC ASAP and get a Mac Mini then come next year, Im going to buy myself a nice big "Leopard" :)

Will let you know how selling the PC goes.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

In case you're wondering you can stop the pulsating of the sleep light with a little bit of electrical tape. (Or just shut the Mac down instead of putting it to sleep) :p

Oh. Not that light?

Welcome!

B

3. p0intblank macrumors 68030

I finally sold my Windows gaming rig earlier this year with similar thoughts as yours in mind... meaning that I can put PC gaming behind me and start being serious about what really matters to me: graphic design, photography, and video editing

I still play console games quite often, but I like to use a computer to be productive. My Mac inspired me to get into so many things, video editing being one of them. I hope you enjoy your Mac as much as I have. It really is a lifestyle of its own.

4. ddekker macrumors regular

switching to mac

well good luck with that ;) I tried the switching thing, and somehow I always end up using a PC to do certain things, it comes down to a computer is a tool for me, so I have a task and I need it done, it has been quite a task to do a lot of the task I want with just the mac.. take a look at a bunch of the posts of things I struggle with on my site... just some things ya can't do.. as far as I know...

look around the site and feel free to comment on any of the posts...

D

5. kondspi macrumors regular

kondspi

6. Markmat macrumors newbie

Works for me. Now that I've got NeoOffice the only thing I need to use XP in Bootcamp for is a few games.

The only other exception is to sync/backup my Pocket PC as I still can't get PocketMac to work on my MacBook.