Ive talk at Design Museum Oct 28th

Discussion in 'Community' started by iGav, Sep 24, 2004.

1. iGav macrumors G3

2. belair macrumors 6502

belair

I would love to attend this show.
    Guess it would be interesting to see what Ive is all about. How he sees himself as a designer. What is his vision on contemporary design and so on.
    In those mac product ads he always has to say the same thing.
    Coming to think of it those ads, and their message, are really cheesy.

Are you going iGav?

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

I hope so... I'm trying to fiddle stuff about now to free the 28th up. If I can't get there, if I know someone who is, I'm going to see if they can film it for me. :)

It's come at an interesting time for me, as I'm curretly giving serious thought to switching to Industrial Product Design from Interaction and Motion Design.

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

I'm really annoyed I'm not in the UK then, especially as I live right next door!! AAarrgghh!

5. JLS macrumors 6502

Sounds good.. I wonder if I can skive off uni for the day to go visit. :D

6. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Reading your thread title I thought you were just gloating. :p

7. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Bugger, I'm not going to be able to make that, if you get there Gav, any chance of a gander at the video?

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Would they actually let you film it?

Ooh, nice area. Not surprisingly, all the buildings and such are designed very well in the area near the Design Museum. :)

I'd love to go too, but as I live on the other side of the world, it's not going to happen.

Some of the other speakers sound interesting as well. I'd love to hear about the design of Jaguar and Astin Martins. *sigh* :(

9. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

Where do you live?? Java Wharf?? or Butlers Wharf?? I used to live in Vogans Mill which is across the docking bay, opposite Java Wharf and about 2 minutes from the Design Museum.

Loved living there, indeed I might be tempted to again soon! What's the rent like now days??

10. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Springalls Wharf, so basically right next to Vogan's Mill! The rent is silly but it is such a great area to live. And the walk across Tower Bridge to work makes my day that much better, not to mention the views at night! The ladies never fail to be impressed by the walk along the river from London Bridge tube - it's a different story when they leave via Bermondsey in the morning! :p :eek: :D

11. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

tis' a rather nice walk to Tower Hill Station isn't it!! ;)

do they still lock up that bridge and walkway at night by the Thames so you have to walk the long way round to Mill Street??

12. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Yes and it annoys the hell out of me!! :p At least the gate is open a bit longer in the summers. There was a big hooha about the boats moored along there, they've been made to go now as the flat owners in the area thought it was an eyesore and depreciated the values of their homes. :rolleyes:

13. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

heheh bad isn't it... I was always half expecting to be relieved of my PowerBook after doing a late one walking back the long way! :eek: :p

There was no boats there when I was living there... :) all I remember seeing from my balcony is lots of mud when the Thames was at low tide!! :eek: :p

Really miss walking along the Thames in the morning... :( *quickly checks Foxtons for apartments* :D