iView MediaPro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iGary, May 11, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

Has anyone used iView MediaPro?

I can't take iPhoto anymore. It just can't handle what I'm throwing at it.

Thanks in advance, Gary

2. Joe Reale macrumors newbie

I use it all the time. I find it is faster than iPhoto when having a couple thousand images in the catalog.

What else is that it's nice that iView doesn't make copies of evey image that is in a catalog. Just a simple thumbnail catalog that uses the original for the full size view.

I do use iPhoto for some things. I don't hate it but I'd use it more if it kinda worked like iView. Of course, I had iView before iPhoto came out and since I paid for iView, might as well use it.

3. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

I've been using the standard iView for awhile now, I used mediapro until the trial ran out and honestly I can't tell much of a difference. I still use iPhoto for organizing and importing most of my family type photos but the fact you can't use multiple library catalogues gets on my nerves. So maybe you should try both the standard and pro version before you cough up the money for a license. You may find the standard version satisfies your needs as even it's features are exponentially more advanced than those in iPhoto.

4. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

iPhoto just starts to cough up a lung when any of my machines get to about 4,000 images - even my iMac.

I'm hoping this is the answer. I'll do a trial first, though. 200.00 isn't so cheap, but thanks for the feedback! :D

5. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

isnt there a cheaper version of iViewMedia Pro?
    <checks>
    yeah just a third of the price, although I'm still on version 1.5 it handles everything I throw at it.
    Its sooo much faster than iPhoto. Just try it from the download section.
    I manage to catalogue 25,000 photos with on problems at all especially when you consider I'm on a G4 400Mhz Sawtooth.

6. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

If it's just multiple libraries you're looking for check out iPhoto Buddy. It's freeware, allows you to easily create multiple iPhoto libraries and to password protect them as well. Plus, it's just been updated to work with Tiger.

It's great. I use it to split up my digital photos into manageable and organised chunks. In conjunction with Keyword Assistant, it makes using iPhoto a joy.

7. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

Thanks, I'll give that a peek, too.

I'm also considering Extensis Portfolio, if anyone has experience with images in that.