Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With just one day to go until Apple's media event where it is expected to show off not only the iPhone 6 but also its much-rumored "iWatch" wearable device, last-minute leaks and rumors are continuing to roll in. The latest involves schematics and details on the iWatch, and while it is difficult to assess the validity of the claims and images (which have been reposted to Imgur) given that they come from an anonymous Reddit post, the slide images are detailed enough that they are worth highlighting as a possibility.

iwatch_body_side_8sep14.jpg
The poster claims the iWatch will include a microphone, speaker, and support for Siri, and be waterproof to 20 meters with battery life of over a day. The device will reportedly come in eight different varieties as four "colors" in two sizes each.

iwatch_bcm_8sep14.jpg
Purported schematics are labeled as coming from Quanta, which has been reported to be Apple's manufacturing partner for the device. The majority of the slides appear to show comparisons of how various parts have evolved between an earlier prototype stage (P2B) and the engineering validation test stage (EVT).

iwatch_body_8sep14.jpg
As shown in one poor-quality and obviously manipulated picture of what is said to be the device's housing, the body would be somewhat rectangular in shape, with a large circular region centered in the bottom where the device's health and fitness sensors are to be located to contact the skin.

While an assortment of iWatch rumors have pointed to displays of around 1.5 inches or as high as 2.5 inches, there have yet to be any leaks of claimed physical parts for the device, making it difficult to assess schematics such as these. At any rate, their validity will apparently become clear tomorrow as Apple officially takes the wraps off of the iWatch.

Update 8:08 AM: As noted by A Tech Website, the format of the slides does indeed match that used sometimes by Quanta for its confidential presentations.

Article Link: Purported Schematics and Details on iWatch Show Rectangular Body, Round Sensor Plate

MacVista

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
Looks like the new campus.
Oh, it is thick because it houses the battery for the new iPhone 6.

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
I know it's just a render, but that does look a bit "fat and ugly".

Switzerland, you can stop worrying now.

Last edited:

Jack Delgado

macrumors regular
May 11, 2012
My god... I think... I think that...

Oh my god...

I think it's gonna... and I don't want to jump the gun here... but oh my god I think it's gonna LOOK LIKE A WATCH

Someone hold me.

Rettun1

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2010
I'm one of those people that can live with a days battery life. A bigger battery is always welcome, but I don't mind chargin my stuff every night

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
these rumours are killing me. Ugly phone and square watch... Atleast give us an updated Apple TV with an App Store.

How can anyone get a good indication of the final product from these alleged drawings? :confused:

2bikes

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
Speaker, microphone and 20m waterproof? Can this be done? Can`t it be applied to iphone also?

X-X

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2014
So the iWatch is gonna be a thick square block like every other smart watch on the market for the last 3 years...

...exept the Moto 360, that one actually looks really nice.

moto-360-smartwatch-580-90.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.