iWeb and inserting meta keywords

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by opusthe2nd, Mar 31, 2007.

1. opusthe2nd macrumors 6502

opusthe2nd

2. HungrySeacow macrumors regular

I just added them in manually, though I am wondering if it can be done with iWeb Enhancer? Do the meta tags need to be in a particular location in the HTML?

3. arachn1d macrumors member

Why are you using meta keywords? They are pretty deprecated these days. I am a professional web-developer, heed my advice and don't type in meta keywords if you're trying to do this for SEO.

4. opusthe2nd thread starter macrumors 6502

opusthe2nd

5. Vinnie_vw macrumors 6502

(Not to bother this busy conversation, but you should probably ask this question in the webdev forum. I'm not sure how many of those browse the application-section...) :)

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

My iWeb site features pretty highly on relevant google searches without meta-tags so i don't think you need to worry about it ;).

7. glensen macrumors newbie

iWeb site - other than iWeb host?

I have a website that I built using iWeb; however, I have it hosted on a general website provider and it doesn't come up on searches. How do I improve my site standing (lendumar.com)?

8. Mac In School macrumors 65816

Many SEO experts feel that meta keywords may actually hurt your rankings on some of the most important search engines.

Meta descriptions, on the other hand, are still a good idea, for the SEs that use them as your description.

9. glensen macrumors newbie

Web positioning

Thank you for your response.

If it is not a good idea to use keywords etc. how do I improve my site's web positioning?

10. bzollinger macrumors 6502a

bzollinger

What is iWeb Enhancer?

thanks,
    BZ

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Links.

12. johnbols macrumors newbie

Yeah, I also think that Apple had to put in the option for meta keys and discription. I use sitemaps for my sites but I also think they forgot to put this option in Iweb.

I work with CS4, so for me it is not that dramatic but still.

Do it by hand or the program they mentioned here or make sitemaps and use robot.txt for your website.

my :apple:

13. fabrysilvia macrumors newbie

What dod you do to rank your website with SEO if designed with iweb?

My website www.energizedforever.com is up and running and we used iweb for the design. We now need to kick-in with the internet marketing and read that you can't use meta tags and keywords with iweb. Any one out there help me on how to get this website marketed without having to redesign and use Dreamweaver.

14. fredm macrumors newbie

To suggest Apple to add this feature, everybody should go to the menu "iWeb > Send a comment on iWeb", I've just done it for my website http://www.hostelsmith.com
    I did it also to be able to publish the website by FTP to the root of a domain, because this is very annoying...
    Fred