iWeb Default Save Location

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by n-abounds, Oct 16, 2006.

1. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

Say you open iWeb for the first time on a brand new computer. You fill out a blog or whatever, and go to file>save. Where did it save the file?

I know you can also specify to publish to your sites folder, .mac, or save it somewhere else. I just want to know where the default location is.

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

The default location is actually in the sites folder, in the current user's directory.

Edit: Ahh, sorry, I see what the question was. You're looking for the domain.sites file. As the post below says, it's in your application support/iWeb folder. Spotlight should find it.

3. paradillon macrumors member

try Users/your home folder/library/application support/iweb

4. n-abounds thread starter macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

Yea I'm just saying this cause I want to make sure no one can read my iWebsite. I have it in a Filevault account, but I thought you could easily view other people's library in Filevault...turns out you can't. It's just the overall library that you can view. Thanks guys.

Also I had a panic cause I was trying to look into my Filevault account from a diff. account, and it didn't show up in the "Users" folder. It was just a broken alias, but there was no way to fix the alias because the user's folder doesn't appear anywhere else. But it fixed itself somehow.