iWeb Greyed Out

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mashinhead, Sep 14, 2006.

1. mashinhead macrumors 68020

I opened up iWeb and everything is greyed out. I can't do anything with it. Any ideas?

2. Gee macrumors 65816

All the menu items? Even new page/site? Do you have sites in there already, or is this a first time use?

3. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

Its the first time using it. When you open it it says site on the left but all the items for a new page or whatever are greyed out.

4. Gee macrumors 65816

I think you have to start first with 'New Site', then add pages to it. Failing that, try starting from iPhoto and clicking the iWeb button to make a photo page (which you can delete once you get going)

5. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

YEAH new site is greyed out, and the iphoto thing didn't work

6. Gee macrumors 65816

How about trashing the iweb preference file and restarting? If you've never used iweb before, it can't do any harm.

7. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

nothing, called apple and they said to send a support email....

8. jedib0p macrumors member

I had this problem too when I first got my macbook pro.

I simply reinstalled the extras package on the install DVD and that fixed the problem.

9. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

how do you do that without installing the whole thing. I put in the dvd and it says i have to change the install settings that would over write user settings

10. martintyler macrumors newbie

I have this same problem with my new MacBook

Thought it might be something to do with registering iWeb since that it one of the few menu items that isnt disabled, but that leads you to some misleading apple web pages that give you false info about where to find the 'MPN' number to register a product that doesnt appear in the list anyway (I assume it should be iLife, not iWeb)

If you find the answer please post back

11. mashinhead thread starter macrumors 68020

i called apple and they had me dl it from the support page and reinstall and that worked.

12. shayneomack20 macrumors newbie

no luck so far

I have uninstalled/trashed, reinstalled, redownloaded, trashed all the files recommended, restarted and still I have grey menus in iWeb. There are a few options, but none let me create a new site. I tried the iPhoto trick, nothing. Installed a new template, nothing. Help, please.