iweb help, navigation bar and other tips

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by howard, Apr 10, 2006.

1. howard macrumors 68020

howard

trying to make a site with iweb but I want to break out of the iweb look a little bit. First of all, how can I change the font colors, fonts, or really anything on the navigation bar? really for now I just want to change the fonts and colors but can't seem to do that easily.

also, i selected a layout and ended up filling in or deleting the parts that I didn't need, or at least I thought I deleted them. now there are all these layout boxes hiding about that I don't want. How can i get rid of them?

thanks.

2. howard thread starter macrumors 68020

howard

I also can't seem to change the color or type of font in the blog entries. Or rather, i can change it in the entries section, but then in the main page its the same as it was before.

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

You can change fonts by going to menu bar > Format > Font

In iWeb, some text boxes cannot be deleted. The darker ones are permanent, and of the lighter-grey ones you can delete.

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

(Don't mean to take over your thread, but maybe someone out there could help me also)...

I've noticed there are two different types of slideshows, one with a black background and an iPhoto-like interface, and another which has a white background with brushed metal frame.

What determines which one you get, and can that be changed?

5. LACOSTE macrumors member

LACOSTE

EricNau

about your question....

When u publish to a folder... you can view ur slideshow using the white brushmetal surface. But when you check out the one on the web u get the black shiny one.
    THe black one is only when you are online and if you have a valid .mac subscription.

6. LACOSTE macrumors member

LACOSTE

Howard :)

about the navigation window... i think if u want a little bit more flexibility try some of the templates given at 11 mystics.

Just read through the tutorial and download the templates u want... and some tinkering with the plist and voila.

They have a template without a navigation bar, and u can create your own. they also have links to other sites.

if you want to have better control at pretty much anything you can think of, here's a compilation of the best iWeb tips and help which was compiled by one of the guys at the official apple iweb discussion forums called thgewecke.

And if u want more help with that check out the user forums at apple.

hope this helps

7. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

So even if it is online, but not with .mac, it will appear with brushed metal?