iWeb help pls

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Temujin, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

Have some questions you guys might be able to answer.

First of all I have troubles aligning the menu on the Blog page on my site. I need it to fit the layout displayed on the other pages. I copied the first page to make an easy fit, but it's not possible when I want to create a blog. Any suggestions?

Second, is it possible to delete unused text boxes? I've not been able to so far.

And third, the snowy thumbnail in the Blog is rotated 90 degrees to fit, how do I rotate it back?

Any suggestions?

http://www.temujin.dk

Thanks

2. Temujin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Temujin

3. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

You should be able to click on the text box and delete it but I sure can't figure out how. They are invisible so I suppose it doesn't really matter but it would be nice to get rid of it somehow.

For the menu items, it looks like you have the text centered on the page. Go to Format>Text> and choose align left.

The easiest way to flip the photo would be to use iPhoto but you can flip it in iWeb. Go to View> Show Inspector, highlight the photo and then go the the ruler tab on the inspector. At the very bottom you can rotate the photo and or flip it.

4. Temujin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Temujin

I can delete text boxes I create, but I can't delete the originals in the template. Just seems like a waste of space leaving them there.

I can't align, no way to select the menu.

Apparently iWeb don't support wide and tall pics at the same time in the blog section. Choosing another tall picture made them both display correctly.

Thanks for your suggestions

Can anyone help me on the menu alignment?

5. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Yeah, there does seem to be a lot of extra stuff that should be able to be deleted but can't.

I've been looking through the templates and it looks as though different pages are aligned in different ways and I can't seem to find a way to change that.

I've found that the Apple discussion forums a good place to go for additional info. You might give that a try.

6. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Not to hijack the thread here but does anyone know a way to have a hit counter but keep it hidden?

Here's a good link to a listing of iWeb user sites. If you go under their "i" category they have a bunch of links to iWeb tips/tricks sites.

BTW Temujin - for a brief second I thought all the text on your site was some obscure form of Danish until I realized it was just greeking. :) I like your layout - very clean and tidy.

7. Temujin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Temujin

Thanks guys, I'll check out the links.

aricher Thanks for the compliment, clean is nice. Sorry, I can't help you hide the hit counter.

Oh, and this is danish:
    Hej mit navn er Temujin. Jeg elsker Apple og Steve Jobs ;)