iWeb help.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by furryrabidbunny, May 9, 2006.

1. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

May 10, 2005
    Mesa, AZ
    I am trying out iWeb for the first time because a friend would like to run her own site... so I am trying to help her, so naturally I require help myself. Everything works great on the site... i have it hosting through a cox personal webspace for now, which is uploaded via FTP. The only thing I am having trouble with is RSS. Everytime I try to view the rss feed on the podcast area, I receive an error, nor can the podcast be viewed in iTunes. What am I doing wrong? Here's the link to my page: http://members.cox.net/frb001/Home.html
    I know that there is an Adult Swim video podcast and that it is copyrighted, I was just using it to demostraight to my friend how video would look/act, wasn't trying to take credit or even host it. Thanks in advance.
  2. john8228 macrumors newbie

Sep 25, 2006
    New User

According to the apple store where I purchased my mac, if you do not host the site on .mac you will not be able to subscribe to the podcasts in Itumes.
    I hope this has been helpful.
  3. gatorbobinc macrumors newbie

Aug 27, 2008
    Hosting iWeb site

That is not true. YOu can host your iweb site anywhere you want and still have it show up on itunes. Mine works great: www.Route30movie.com.

iTunes reads the xml doc created by iWeb and points the iTunes store to where ever your iWeb site is hosted.

That guy at apple store is wrong.