iWeb Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jaxstate, Jun 14, 2006.

1. jaxstate macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to publish my iWeb project to a ftp server. The question is, do you have to put up all the files, or just the main index.html file.

Thanks for your help in advance.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. jaxstate thread starter macrumors 6502a

*Sigh*That's what I was thinking, but was hoping that is wasn't so. Thanks for the info.:)

4. jaxstate thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Have you looked at any of the other ones? I just tried Transmit and it seems nice as does Easy iWeb Publisher. I'm going to buy Transmit but the other is free...so how is Cyberduck? Let me know as I'm testing the others as you can see ;) :)

6. jaxstate thread starter macrumors 6502a

I like CyberDuck. I used it on my PPC based Mac. I'm glad it's univeral. It's easy to use and has a nice interface. It does everything that I want it to do, which is simple puts/gets to a ftp server for my website.

7. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

I can fully understand the "simple" part, I'm by no means savy when it comes to website building/uploading. I'm going to school for art and putting it on the web only helps so getting to complex for me would only hinder/hold back my interest for placing stuff on the web.
    Glad to see programs like this for certain folks such as us :D
    When you get finished post a link so we can check it out.

8. jaxstate thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll post the link when I'm finished. I ran into a problem yesterday, I can no longer get photos from my digital camera :(. Just a minor setback.