iWeb = iMpossible?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by the Western zoo, Jun 11, 2006.

1. the Western zoo macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

Hi,

I have just spend the last couple of hours fiddling with iWeb but I have come to the conclussion that it is very very stiff and rigid with very little possibility to change which font or color to be used in a template... Am I wrong?
    I want to make a blog but don't want to "write it" in html my self - is there some other program with better possibilities you could recommend?

2. carlos700 macrumors regular

In my iWeb site, I've completely changed the theme, font, colors, and design elemenets. I just used the basic white template and removed all the items, and started from scratch.

3. hyperpasta macrumors 6502a

hyperpasta

Hi. I have the same problem as the OP. I can take out elements and rearrange them with ease, but every time I make a new page (even a blog post), that page follows the template, and I have to make my changes again. Any workaround for that?

4. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Why not just select a page you've formatted and then duplicate it (command+D) to create an identical page, then edit the new page from there?

5. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Yeah, that suggestion was posted on the .Mac blog

6. the Western zoo thread starter macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

thanks I'll try that - otherwise I guess I'll just have to write it my self and then copy paste every time I make a new post... actually that's properly the easiest thing to do...

7. Uma888 macrumors 6502

Try Sandvox, its similar to iWeb and Rapidweaver

8. the Western zoo thread starter macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

I ended up just writing the thing in HTML my self - though I'm not very good at that so it propperly even close to beeing W3C valid...
    but I let my self be inspired by iWeb's templates so in some way I had some use of them...

if you like you can check out the result at http://west.users.whitehat.dk - I am currently considering buying a domain and hosting of my own but for now I'll stick with this free webhosting....