iWeb? .Mac? Registering a domain name?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by The Stig, Jan 13, 2007.

1. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

I'm thinking about starting a website and maybe using iWeb to make it (just for easy sake). I don't know if I want to use .Mac. . . I don't really want to pay that much for it. I have a MB so I don't need to have things online. I won't use .mac mail.

I can use iWeb to publish to my own domain right?

Where is the best place to buy domain names and space on a server? I want to register a .com address and a .ca address from the same company.

Thanks,

The Stig

2. Gee macrumors 65816

Yep, you can publish an iWeb site to a folder that you then upload to whatever your site is. Some of the funkier stuff doesn't work though - hit counters and such.

3. The Stig thread starter macrumors 6502a

The Stig

Ok, good to know about the folder thing. Can you edit thing by hand and add things like counters??

What about domains? .com .ca???

The Stig

4. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

Well since it is outputted as .html files you could add in and edit things but you would need to do this everytime you exported your site from iWeb

As for the rest you need to find yourself some hosting, for example im using A Small Orange for my needs and have fond them to be reliable.

Usually when you are signing up for hosting they will ask you about registring for a domain so all you need to do is to be sure what you want and whether its available.