iWeb "Mail me" button

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tomaz, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Tomaz macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the email address behind the "Contact me" button in iWeb?
    It's automatically linked to my .Mac email address, but I would like to use a different one.
    Thanks for your help!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I haven't found a way so I just us the hyperlink feature in Inspector on regular text and images. :eek:

I find iWeb has an unusually small amount of preferences we can change.

3. Tomaz thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep, that's how plan to do it too. A bit "complicated" though.

So true!! I really really like the application, it's agreat step in the right direction compared to homepage, and I knoe that it's not supposed to replace frontpage, or Dreamweaver. But it lacks a few important things. Another problem I ran into is that you can't use animated GIFs. And the whole upload procedure is a pain. it seems it uploads the whole homepage everytime, even if I just correct a spelling error on a single page... :confused:
    But still, overall a great app !! :)

4. Kyle Nerder macrumors regular

Kyle Nerder

i know its not what you are looking for, but you could always forward your .mac email to your other email address.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It'll only update the pages that are appear red in the sidebar but any changes to a page will colour it red. Having said that, I think the problem here is more the slow-as-molasses iDisk speeds. :(

6. willijb macrumors newbie

select the icon above "Welcome"

Once you select that icon, you're able to change your Publish To settings, the contact email address, as well as enforce some limited access control measures--place a user ID and password on your site.

HTH
    j

7. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The change you're referring to only appears in iWeb '09.

8. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Yep- I guess willijb didn't notice that the thread is just days short of being three years old and a lot has changed with iWeb since then! :eek:

Wish I could say that I never made that mistake when I started here! :D