iWeb... Missing Templates?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MRC1487, Jul 19, 2006.

1. MRC1487 macrumors newbie

Dec 3, 2005
    Springs, Fla.
    Hello everyone,
    I have been enjoying my new MacBook for the last month or so, and began to create a website using iWeb. When discussing the program with a friend who also just purchased a MacBook, she referenced a template called Doodle. I looked for this in my program, but couldn't find it. I tried to reinstall the program but this didn't help.
    I wonder what I can do to use this template (and any others that I might be missing).
    Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. thegreatluke macrumors 6502a

Dec 29, 2005
    Doodle is part of iWeb 1.1.1, which is a free update from Apple.

In case you didn't know, updates to Apple software can be done very easily by clicking the Apple logo in the top left corner and selecting "Software Update." iWeb 1.1 should be in there. It's recommended that you do Software Update once in a while to make sure your programs are up-to-date.

After you install iWeb 1.1.1, the six new templates should be available by going to a dropdown box - they're called "Gazette," "Highlighter," "Elegant," "Notebook," "Doodle" and "Cloud 9."

If for whatever reason iWeb 1.1.1 is not in there, check iWeb to see if you hadn't seen the dropdown box. If the dropdown box isn't there, you're on an older version of iWeb and you need to update. The manual updater can be found here.
  3. MRC1487 thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 3, 2005
    Springs, Fla.
    When I went to "About iWeb", it indicated that I had version 1.1.1 so I downloaded the manual update and this worked great.
    Thanks so much!
  4. careyjames macrumors newbie

Oct 25, 2006
    i have the same problem and...

i am missing those templates and i have iweb 1.1.2

how do i get the missing templates back?