iWeb/MobleMe hosting replacement?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Eric8199, Jun 24, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

Feb 27, 2009
    Hey guys,

So I was just starting to play with iWeb and use MobileMe for a personal website when Apple announced iCloud and said they were killing iWeb and MobleMe. So, I need a replacement. I have dreamweaver, so what I am looking for is a good place to host my site, either free or inexpensive. I'm basically just putting up a site with like resume information, etc., and a link to my blog on Posterous. So it doesn't need to be fancy, and I don't expect a lot of traffic. Just want to put up a portal to me.

Anyone have any suggestions? Free is better, but cheap will be acceptable.
  2. celticpride678

Feb 15, 2009
    Boston, MA
    If you're looking for free, just go with Webs.com
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Feb 27, 2009
    Can you use custom domains? I have a domain through GoDaddy I would like to use.
  4. macrumors 68020

Jul 11, 2007
    Torrance, CA
    I have my business site on GoDaddy. The one I use is not free but not that expensive (they have multiple options). I wanted a Windows Environment where I could write ASP Scripts and Access DB Support. I have been pretty happy with the service.
  5. macrumors P6

Jan 23, 2005
    You can use Dropbox to host an iWeb or other site. Just register a domain for a few dollars a year and redirect the address to Dropbox. Free.