iWeb - multiple sites

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macadd1ct, Jan 18, 2007.

1. macadd1ct macrumors member

hi,
    Just having a play around with iWeb and have created two sites.
    I wish to publish them to two separate desinations but I am unable to publish one at a time (to a folder).. instead it publishes both sites to one folder..
    is there a way to publish just ONE site at a time?
    I hope this make sense..
    Regards,
    KT

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

iWeb tends to be be difficult when trying to do things like this. When I was playing around with iWeb a few months ago, I came up with 2 solutions.

The easiest way is setting up multiple user accounts and putting a different website on each account. (Down side: No access to same photos...)

The most complicated way is finding the iWeb file (under your user name, Library, Application Support, iWeb and the file "Domain") and keep mulitple versions of it. This is very complicated because when it is in that folder it needs to be named Domain in order for iWeb to use it. It gets difficult to keep track of which website is which and to not accidentally over write the other.

3. Gee macrumors 65816

Not a simple way no.

You can either publish both sites to the folder, then bin the relevant bits from the site you don't want. Or you can create a new domain file (the iweb database thingy that stores all of the info about your site) so you have one for each site, and then keep swapping between them.

Doh beaten to it again.

4. macadd1ct thread starter macrumors member

hmm.. when I publish both sites to a folder I onnly get one index.html
    when I upload the site I what.. i get a lot of broken link.. especially blog files.. (and whats will the huge blog names?)
    I appreciate your help..
    sigh..
    will stick with dreamweaver me thinks.. i just really like the layouts..

5. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

The index only sends you to the html file inside the website folder anyway.

6. macadd1ct thread starter macrumors member

thanks

thanks for the advice.. didn't know that :):apple:

7. macadd1ct thread starter macrumors member

publishing

when i publish my iWeb site.. I am getting question marks where the punctuation should be. Is that a script error or is the font missing those characters? weird huh?

eg:
    I���ve always been the point and shoot kind of photographer. With digital cameras these days it���s so easy to delete the bad ones. I���ve never really put much thought into how I take the photo until recently.
    ��