iweb pages are unviewable, any ideas why?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bridonohue, Mar 9, 2006.

1. bridonohue macrumors newbie

Jan 11, 2006
    i made several iweb pages and password protected them. most people have no problem opening and viewing the photos and video, but at least 3 have significant errors. 2 family members in italy have no ablilty to open the pages. everytime they go to the website their computer locks and they have to restart. another user in the usa leaves the page loading for over 30 minutes and still it never allows her to access the video. all users are on at least t1's. any ideas?
  2. bridonohue thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 11, 2006
    i have found this to be happening on more pc's than i thought. i am no longer surprised by the slow load times of iweb pages, but does anyone have a clue why people even with t1's are unable to view the content?
  3. dejo Moderator

Staff Member

Sep 2, 2004
    The Centennial State
  4. bridonohue thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 11, 2006

don't think so. happened on both firefox and ie. well it might be true with ie, but crappy or not it is still the dominant browser and iweb should work on it.
  5. wrinkles macrumors newbie

Mar 16, 2006
    fonts as images

I've heard that iWeb renders fonts as images, which would slow down any web page. I use BBEdit to build my web sites, but for "novice" (or folks with less patience/time) I think Sandvox by Karelia is the way to go. They are offering a free beta download http://urlci.com/7a72e7 . Karelia made Watson search engine which Apple successfully copied.