iweb pages using mobile me load wrong website

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by idesign245, Feb 14, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Oct 25, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm not exactly sure how to explain this, so I'll try to do so with images...

Basically, I publish some of my pages with iweb and use mobile me, but when I try to open those pages sometimes it comes up as some random search engine instead of the page its supposed to be.

It happens with any page I use through iweb/mobile me... but its just on this one machine. If I open the pages on my iphone or other macbook pro, they load fine.

It started happening this afternoon, so I reset safari which didn't help, then I recovered safari via time machine to a previous backup made earlier in the day. This fixed it temporarily but now it's happening again and I tried recovering safari again via time machine but it didn't help.

This is one of the pages that its happening with: http://web.me.com/idesign245/maple/maple.html

and this is the page that loads:

Attached Files:

2. macrumors newbie

Feb 18, 2010
    Load wrong website

Hi - how are you viewing the site? Are you clicking "View" from within iWeb, or manually typing in the address in your Safari window, or loading a bookmark in Safari? Sometimes if you type the address slightly off, it will bring up a wrong website, and then if you haven't cleared your history the next time you start typing the URL it autofills the incorrect one. So if you just start typing a few letters and then hit return to load the autofilled page it brings up the wrong one.