iWeb Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cemorris, Jan 26, 2006.

1. cemorris macrumors regular

So iWeb is neat as a basic webpage tool. However, I am starting to transition to Aperture and there is just a basic integrated tool for posting pictures. So that got me thinking. Why not take if further and create a pro level webpage tool? That way you could do the same thing in Aperture as you do in iPhoto and export to iWeb or iWeb Pro in the future. I am hoping this comes out by the end of the year as I would love to start creating nice looking websites yet have all the control over them that I want. Are there any rumors of this yet?

2. Pistol Pete macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

good idea i would be interested, and would probably buy it....

3. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Most pro's that I know would not use such a software. If you are a Pro you can write the pages yourself and not rely on templates and such.

4. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

I assume it depends on what kind of 'pro' you are, right?

If you're big on writing, photography or movies, but not webdesign - perhaps you'd like to use an app that gets your work to the Internet, in a nice and easy way.

Some improvements I'd like with iWeb would be an FTP-upload option and more separation between 'sites' - at the moment you can only open and edit a single site and you can't reuse page names. Unless you go into the /library/apps support/iWeb folder and name change the 'Domain' file. :(

5. Claymore macrumors newbie

I would love to see apple create a pro web development suit, something that can create dynamic pages, ecommerce sites etc with ease, without having to learn a language like php. It would be a great tool for small businesses needing to get a web presence.