iWeb publishing errors

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cemorris, Jan 22, 2006.

1. cemorris macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2004
    Anyone else getting iWeb publishing errors over the last couple of days? I have a site with about 45 pages, most of which are photo pages. iWeb will error out during publishing. Most of the errors state there was a error while trying to upload some .js file. Other times it just errors out saying there was an error publishing my site with no further info. I deleted my site from my .mac account, then deleted all my prefs for iWeb and still nothing. I am now going to try and repair permisions and see how that goes.
  2. kwajaln macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2004
    I had serious publishing issues Fri and Sat, as in only 2 of 10 pages properly published. The rest got an error screen. Solution: I used the "publish to folder" option and copied that folder, along with the accompanying "index" file, to my iDisk. As soon as I did, the iWebsite was 100% perfect. I hope this helps. Oh - delete the folder that's on your iDisk now for the iWebpage and then copy the new one in it's place.
  3. cemorris thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 13, 2004
    Thanks for the reply. I was also only getting just a few pages published. I am trying one more time this morning and if that does not work, then I will try your suggestion. So much for tight .mac integration.
  4. Stike macrumors 65816

Jan 31, 2002
    I think my problem is fitting in here - totally.

I try to publish what I created, it consists of three "websites" referring to each other (so that the nav-bar is not crammed with stuff). But everytime I try to publish to a folder, I get an error - straight at the creation of the very first html file.

Any ideas? I am terribly angry - it just says "unknown error occured"... this is ridiculous, I have no idea what I can do... :mad: :(

And yes, I was saving, quitting, restarting, fixing permissions... nothing... :(