iWeb Publishing Garbled Junk

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pdpfilms, Sep 28, 2006.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Howdy!

Getting into iWeb for the first time... I'd never so much as glanced at it until today. It's pretty nifty, easy to use for us code-illiterate. I'm creating a website here to use as a basic portfolio site. Mostly photography, we'll see what comes later.

Anyway, the site looks great offline. Just the way i want it to look. But when you publish it (to a folder), it produces buttons with the wrong names, wrong fonts, moves lines around, and throws white edges on photographs. Has anyone seen this? I can't figure out how to get rid of all this junk, and can't figure out what's causing it. Everything looks like it should publish just fine.

Any ideas?

EDIT: So... it looks alright on .Mac. Everything seems to be in order except many of the photographs have 1px white lines above or below them. Why might this be? They don't show up in iWeb...

look- http://web.mac.com/eleven_eleven/iWeb/Portfolio/Ian B Johnson Photography.html

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

The white lines appear to be part of the actual images. If they're not showing up in iWeb then maybe try manually re-uploading your site. You can do this by holding OPTION as you select to upload it from the menu or the bar at the bottom. :)

3. pdpfilms thread starter macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Hmmm.... so i hold option while clicking "Publish"? It doesn't seem to do anything. It re-uploaded my site like normal, but the lines are still there. Eh?

I'm thinking it's a resizing issue... because only certain images happen, and they were all manually resized. Maybe having to shrink an even pixelled picture to an odd pixelled picture or something similar? I dunno...

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, maybe go into the iWeb folder on your iDisk and trash your site. Then try uploading it again. If you don't feel comfortable trashing it then just drag it to another place on your iDisk. :)

5. pdpfilms thread starter macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Eh... good suggestion, but doesn't seem to work. The fact that the same issue occurs with publishing to a folder makes me think it's an issue with iWeb's export process.

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Hmm... Is it the very latest version of iWeb? :)

7. pdpfilms thread starter macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

You know it, only the latest and greatest! (iWeb 1.1.2)

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sweet, I had a look around on Apple's support site and found this thread. Apparently it comes down to how iWeb (post 1.1) converts images and opacity seems to be the key in fixing it. Hopefully it helps you. :)