iWeb publishing to different .mac account

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by shumster, Aug 30, 2006.

1. shumster macrumors member

Aug 15, 2001
    I've got my own, personal .mac account, and have just been given another .mac account (and a new macbook) by my school, for communication/homework purposes.

I setup iDisk using my own .mac account, as I got the 4GB deal, so wanted to use that storage for documents, etc, rather than lugging the macbook around. Now I've started to setup my "teacher's" homepage, but everytime I publish using iWeb, it goes to my personal .mac account.

Is there anyway round this, apart from constantly logging in and out of my iDisk/iSync?

2. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    I just created a second account for my friend's web site that I help her update. It comes in handy for when company comes over and wants to check their email or something as a Guest account. Helps if something were to screw up with my normal account too.
  3. shumster thread starter macrumors member

Aug 15, 2001
    Thanks for that. Now I have two problems:

1. I switched the .mac account on my original computer account and tried to publish the site - came up with an error "Error publishing F.1 Work to the site" or something like that. Do I need to remove things like periods and spaces?

2. I also created another computer account, to try out your suggestion - how do I import the site I created on my original account? No options in iWeb.

Thanks for your help.
  4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

Jan 28, 2005
    American Riviera
    You need to copy the file domain.sites from /Library/Application Support/iWeb into a folder that your new account can access. I'd guess moving it to the Shared folder would work.