iWeb question: How do I export a site or its files?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iHeartTheApple, May 19, 2006.

1. iHeartTheApple macrumors 6502

iHeartTheApple

So, this may be a confusing or stupid question, but here goes:

I'm interested in building a simple site for my lab (I'm a grad student) on iWeb and then sending it to my lab manager so he can publish it and make changes if he wants. Is there a way that I can get ahold of the html or whatever files that make up my website, export or save them to another location, and then access them using another web developing software? Sorry, for the lack of knowledge... :eek: I'm a rookie at website stuff. I *just* got my own iWeb site up and running. :( Thanks! :)

2. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

iWeb has a 'Publish to Folder' option, that will create a folder with all the html and resource files in it.

::20ROGERSC::

3. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i didn't want to start a new thread so i use this one because i think my question at least somehow fits the title.

apple allows you to have your iweb data whereever you want so you can update your site from any computer (see below)

can you have mutliple domain.sites and load the one you want to change into iweb (for each site a domain.site file)? that means can you work with smaller files and update faster? or does that mess up your .mac publishing?

4. Niclariv macrumors newbie

Here's a question - what if I want to design a website for someone and then send them the domain file, but I've already got my own website designed in iWeb and I don't want to send them that as well? Can I export a domain file with only one website out of more than one that are designed in iWeb?