iWeb question?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by theimp, Oct 23, 2006.

1. theimp macrumors member

Hi, I just ordered my 24" iMac (just shipped today from China!!). I sometimes make webpages and have always used Microsoft Frontpage. This iWeb program looks pretty cool and a lot easier, but can you use it to post to other webpages, not just .mac ones? Like, when you are done making it, is there a way to see the html or something? If not, what other "easy" non-html programs can you use on a mac? Thanks.

2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

You bet there is! Instead of publishing to .Mac, you simlpy select to publish to a folder, then you can upload it via ftp to your server.

3. theimp thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the speedy response... if only my puter would get here that quick!! It's good that I have a few days to wait though, this desk is a mess and needs to be cleaned before the 24incher can fit.

4. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

iWeb is great, I use if for my website. It has some beautiful themes, is very easy to use with iPhoto, Garageband (for podcasts) and is pretty intuitive. It does have its problems though but for a basic personal website, it's fine.

I've used NVU in the past and it's a good basic and free cross platform web authoring program. There's also Rapidweaver and at $40 it's a pretty good deal. You can use themes and it has blog templates, etc.