iWeb+Shopping Cart?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AlmightyG5, Jun 29, 2006.

1. AlmightyG5 macrumors 6502

Jul 7, 2005
    Ok...My dad and family have a small meat business and they want a website but havn't gotten around or serious about finding someone to make one. I would love to make a website with iWeb...save the site and host it on a web server with its own domain name. The problem is that the whole point of the website is for online buying. Is there anyway to integrate the shopping Cart with iWeb?
  2. funkychunkz macrumors 6502a

Jun 1, 2005
    Ottawa, Canada
    I think iweb is a poor choice for what you have in mind. It would require a lot more work than needed to accomplish both at once, consider using other (even free) software for the mac. There are lots of shareware apps that could help you make and implement a small website. If your REALLy bent on only using iweb, I suppose it's possible, but may not be easy to maintain.
  3. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

Mar 11, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    I am expecting a baby in a few weeks, and I figured that since my cat delivered her kittens by herelf - then I will just have her as the Doctor and not get an OBGYN :)

Yeah man... sarcasm aside if you are seriously going to try and do eCommerce you need a pro. You need to do Search Engines, Advertising, Run databases, and make sure that all the other nuances of a successful eCommerce site are addressed.

If you are serious PM me and I'll help ya out - b ut iWeb isn't the way to go.

- Doc
  4. AlmightyG5 thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 7, 2005
    ok...I guess your right. I just wanted to make a site so my dad wouldn't have to pay a fortune on some other guy. But There are a lot of factors that would be too complicated for a youngster like me. oh well.
  5. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Apr 21, 2004
    It's not too hard to do. You can use eCommerce software such as CubeCart, OS Commerce, or Zen Cart. These are generally very easy to set up and use. If you go with webhosting, I'd recommend A Small Orange. They'll give you cPanel and Fantastico, which will allow you to easily manage the site, submit it to search engines, and Fantastico automatically installs the eCommerce software of your choice.

There's a lot to starting a web business, but if you're determined you can do it. iWeb, however, is not the correct route.

6. trinalynnb macrumors newbie

Aug 29, 2011
    paypal shopping cart

It's really easy to integrate paypal shopping cart into iweb.

1. register with paypal for a merchant account. Choose either the free merchant services or the paid option. The free one works fine for me. With the free account you pay something like 2.9% to paypal per transaction.

2. Go into merchant services and choose add to shopping cart button. Now you simply enter the item and prices. It even has drop down options for sizes, different prices etc.

3. Hit create button and it generates html code. Copy code.

4. Go into iweb and use the html snippet to paste in code, hit apply.

ps... there are tax options, shipping options and more. Very very easy integration with iweb. VERY inexpensive!

Have fun!