iWeb Site from a newbie

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by gaiaexpeditions, Jan 6, 2007.

1. gaiaexpeditions macrumors newbie

I've never created a site before, so here's my first go-round. It is for a small adventure program I offer during the summer.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Gaia Expeditions

2. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

The website looks nice, and the experience looks like fun. :)

But, in my humble (and unprofessional) opinion, you should change the colour for the text of the tabs at the top of the site. They get 'lost' in the background.

3. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

This is actually one of the better iWeb sites I've seen. A lot of the other ones look cookie-cutter ish. Nice job though. I do agree with welshandrew's comment on the tab colors though.

Kevin

4. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

As with every one, great site, it does not feel like a iWeb site :)

You just need to fix the colour of the tabs at the top.

5. gaiaexpeditions thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the feedback.

I actually played around a little with my own tabs, but I had trouble getting the links to work correctly. I used the default iWeb tabs, and as I understand it there is no easy way to change the color.

As with most things in business, it's an ongoing process.

6. bbergie macrumors regular

bbergie

I like the site, too, for all of the reasons mentioned above. I would suggest, though, that the photos where you've used "reflection" ought not to have a border around them. It seems like there is too large of a gap between the photo and the reflection, which I think takes away from what would otherwise be an appealing reflection effect. Alternatively, if you opt to keep the borders––to keep your work consistent with your page otherwise––I would abandon the reflection effect. Your call.

7. gaiaexpeditions thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, after a bit of searching, I've found a way around the navigation bar issue. Thanks to all for their input, I'd appreciate comments from others as well.

8. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

i second bbergie in that the reflections only work when attached to the photo itself, else good work and keep it up.

anyone here know if/how i can have an audio file play automatically when someone first visits my iweb site?

9. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

I don't use iWeb much much, but how do you change the font for things where iWeb just makes text images with Helvetica? my mom's whole site uses American Typewriter, but the snippets on the blog entries page and navigation bar are Helvetica.
    sorry if the above post made no sense:p