iWeb troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by joris.hoftijzer, Nov 2, 2006.

1. joris.hoftijzer macrumors newbie

Can anyone tell me why iWeb won't publish anything on my newly created .mac account? I got my email@mac.com working, but:
    > No sync of my idisc to the desktop and worse:
    > No iweb publishing
    > my account name / password are not recognised at https://support.apple.com

Re: iWeb: after clicking 'publish to .mac' all I get is the "sign in for your mac account" system preference window, where my password is successfully validated and then... NOTHING
    What happened to this magnificent one click publishing option?

2. Gee macrumors 65816

How long have you had the account? Is it a free trial one, or have you paid for it?

3. joris.hoftijzer thread starter macrumors newbie

just got the free trial today, about 3 hours ago. I've only ever used macs since 15 years so I am surprised at the trouble it;s giving me now

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I don't think iWeb works with trial accounts. Trial .Mac accounts are quite limited in what they allow you to do. :eek:

5. Gee macrumors 65816

Yeh, certainly the iweb thing doesn't work with the trial account.

6. joris.hoftijzer thread starter macrumors newbie

but...

this is a quote from iweb help at
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=iWeb/1.1/en/bld1045.html

"To publish your site to .Mac, you must have at least a trial .Mac membership. You can sign up for a free 60-day trial membership on the .Mac website (click the website link below). Any websites you publish will be available until the trial period ends."

7. Gee macrumors 65816

Ok, fair point. I would leave it a day or so before getting worried though - it may need time for your trial membership to work its way through the system.

8. joris.hoftijzer thread starter macrumors newbie

i certainly hope so, considering it only took mac.com 10 mins or so to activate my email account. Thanks for your help anyhow!

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It also might have a special size limit so if it still doesn't work tomorrow, try uploading a smaller site to see if that works.