iWeb without .Mac??? Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by michael-appleru, Jan 26, 2007.

1. michael-appleru macrumors regular

1.) How?? using Cyberduck and sitesled.com

2.) What FREE site is best?? sitesled.com

3.) I'm completely dumb, step to step instructions please?? Read Below

4.) How do I "Copy the HTML below and paste it into your web site"??

5.) Password Protect???

6.) In iWeb is there a way to let people add comments???

I Have a budget of $0 for this website

2. michael-appleru thread starter macrumors regular

3. erikpmort macrumors regular

erikpmort

hey man i'm trying to get the same answers on another forum.... i asked around and found a free web hosting place called sitesled.com lots of space, and good support. i used cyberduck a free ftp program to upload my files to sitesled... this is where i get stuck... once i ftp'd my files through cyberduck to sitesled I don't know how to make the page work. I got very frusterated because the moderator doesn't get iweb or how to help me... i kinda got a webpage working and even got a domain name from godaddy.com my site is for paragliding www.paraglidelogan.info my main problems are how to update the website and how to make it all work with sitesled. heres the forum:

http://sitesled.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=22

do a search under iweb

its going to take some time to figure this out i hope someone will help us soon

4. erikpmort macrumors regular

erikpmort

i found a guy that helped me today... i may have this figured out soon... if you need more help getting to where i am feel free to email me

erikpmort@gmail.com

google cyberduck and download that and see if you can get connected to sitesled (setup and acct) and then ftp everything BUT the folder if you ftp the folder you have to take all the stuff out of the folder...

5. erikpmort macrumors regular

erikpmort

i got it!

i was successful today... when you go to publish to a folder, just make sure to name it so you can find it again... open up finder, click on your folder and drag EVERYTHING in the folder (except the folder itself) diretly into the cyberduck and once its done it all works flawlessly! its really quite ez now that i understand it, it was very painful before. You don't have to know any html or anything. the perfect way to bipass .mac the end! can you tell i'm excited?

Erik

6. michael-appleru thread starter macrumors regular

7. michael-appleru thread starter macrumors regular

what port do I use???

the default one (21) doesnt work

do I do standard FTP or one of the fanccer ones???

"DNS Error: Connection failed" what do i do!!!