iWeb06 - change photo page URL

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Canadianapex, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Canadianapex macrumors newbie

Good Morning,

I am trying to create my website using iWeb06 but want to use Gallery for all my photos. I need to be able to keep the "photo" link on the top of my welcome page but be able to point its shortcut to the Gallery URL and not the default iWeb 06 photo page.

I am unsure if you can manipulate the iWeb06 code and change this.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I'm assuming that Gallery is another website/photo-hosting company?
    If so, you'll need to replace the standard iWeb navigation bar with custom links. You don't have access to the URLs for the built-in nav bar; they are custom-generated on each publish-event.

Instead, just make text boxes at the top of your main page, in place of the navigation bar. These can be customized to look exactly the same as the built-in bar, but you can link each text box either to a page on your site or an external site.

3. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

If you're not using .mac hosting, you can do this by publishing to a folder (which you'd already be doing if not using .mac), and then using something like TextEdit to edit your .html files.

It's really simple to do (when you open the html files in TextEdit, make sure you've got it set to ignore rich text commands in .html files). Look for something like...
    <a style="display: block; height: 29px; left: 147px; position: absolute; top: 10px; width: 60px; z-index: 2; " onmouseout="NBmouseout('0');" href="Photos.html" onmouseover="NBmouseover('0');"></a>

and change the photos reference to, say,
    <a style="display: block; height: 29px; left: 147px; position: absolute; top: 10px; width: 60px; z-index: 2; " onmouseout="NBmouseout('0');" href="http://www.macrumors.com" onmouseover="NBmouseover('0');"></a>

In this case, the link which says "Photos" will now lead here!