iWork '06 Trial in iLife '06

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by colinp, Jan 20, 2006.

1. colinp macrumors member

I picked up iLife '06 the other day and am loving it, but I have a question regarding iWork '06.

If I install the trial and decide I want to keep it is it possible to buy the software from the trial or do I need to buy it at the store and re-install it?

2. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Buy and reinstall.

3. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Yeah you have to buy it, but I'm not sure about reinstalling. I know with the free trial that came on my Power Mac, I just entered the code, and then it worked. I'm not sure if it would be the same for that trial, but it certainly is a possiblity.

4. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Are you sure? I just entered my serial number on my iBook. My iBook came preloaded with the trial, and when I bought iWork, I simply entered the serial number...I never even took out the disc.

Wierd...

5. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

This is just not true. You can choose to enter the serial # for your new iWork 06, and all the features will be given to you. I have done this, and as you can see 2 others have as well.

6. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Whoops. Well, silly me. I think I was confusing it with the Microsoft Office trial that's on the pro-Macs...

7. colinp thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the replies everyone!

As has been said, once you install the trial you get the option of buying the software right away or going into trial mode (and entering in your serial # later if you buy it).

Pretty handy. No need to re-install! Yay Apple!